Friday, May 8, 2009

Goodbye, Natuzzie



I sold my sofas today. One left the house not just five minutes ago and I miss it already. I never had a couch - a new couch until these two. My first marriage, we had hand-me-down couches from his younger brother - out in AZ, we had a mattress. Later in AZ, we moved into a friend's house and they left us a couch.
In Pennsylvania - no couch - my bed was in the living room because Joe had the bedroom. In California, my neighbor put out a couch in their back yard that the kids were jumping on and I took it home. Used it until we chopped it up to move.
So enter New Mexico - one year, no couch - just a futon.
Then we went to Costco one day and there were these two couches sitting there - we scooped them up and never saw them again featured at Costco.
I guess what I learned today that it's all just STUFF. All of it. It can all go, but we have each other. I gave the couches up in favor of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment