Monday, May 4, 2009

Selling Things



I just had a birthday and I am moving again. In my years as an adult, I've been making decisions over what stays and what goes for a long time. This past year, I've been looking at items I've wanted to purchase thinking, "Am I willing to move that?


My last move, I donated 22 books of great books - I brought about 40 more books to used book store and got a credit - and donated that to a women's shelter. In my life, I left town with the clothes on my back and my son. I had to leave everything I ever had or created to make our lives safer. I didn't miss my life when I left - I missed my books and my paintings.


So today, I categorized books. I have a pile to keep, to donate and to try to sell on Amazon. Some people came over to buy our keyboard and I let them at the pile of books to donate. It was thrilling to see the young girl pour over the pile in search of dragons and Harry Potter. I gave her the first book of The Dragons of Pern and a set of the Harry Potter books. She even picked out two cook books for her mom. I love kids who read. I was glad she took some.


If anyone pointed to a pile of books and said "Take what you want." I'd be totally happy. she might remember my books and how she got them - and return the favor when she gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment